There are many things that can cause anxiety these days. There are many professional and personal pressures in life and sometimes we need some help on how to cope. The team here at IMIC Medical Research always gives our patients advice on how to deal with their anxiety attacks. Here are a few of those tips so that if you are ever faced with an Anxiety attack, you know how to deal with it and help yourself back to going through your day.
- Abdominal Breathing is the first tip we will give you! There are several ways to do this but the best way is to take a deep breath through your nose and hold it for 5 seconds and exhale through your mouth. This type of breathing is the type we do when we are sleeping and it relaxes us when repeated. Try to keep a clear mind when you do it but as long as you focus on the breathing, you will feel better.
- Music Therapy is the second tip we can give. Music is relaxing and if you choose the right genre or type of music, you will feel instant relief. Listening to old music or to songs that remind us of good times are key to helping you get a smile back on your face after having Anxiety set in.
- Journal or Color to relax. Write down what happened to you that day or what you did the day before instead of the thoughts that are racing through your head. This will get you back to reality instead of having you panic due to you focusing on negative or scary thoughts. Using a coloring book is now a very trendy way to deal with Anxiety amongst adults. There are many adult coloring books available that will relax the mind while you are coloring amazing pictures. Anxiety is about negative thoughts and fears. If you can block those, you can beat Anxiety!
- Exercise! Get the blood rushing through the body. Make yourself get up and move forward. The physical progress will get you out of the negative bubble and help you feel better. Natural endorphins will help you after your workout too and will help you feel relaxed and not Anxious at all.
- Finally, take time to deal with your thoughts! Again, anxiety is about negativity and about focusing on fears. One must face these thoughts head on and make yourself see that they are only fears and not reality. Anxiety will keep someone from moving forward in life and will handicap someone. It is important to focus on techniques that will allow us to keep a free mind and a healthy mental state.
We hope that these tips will help you cope with Anxiety. The team here at IMIC Medical Research is always happy to help. If you have any questions, call 786-713-4733.